Friday, March 21, 2014

Change of Base, Change of Gears

I changed location from Nuremberg to Amsterdam. The first few days were a shock to see a big city attitude. Especially after being grounded in a small town for close to two years. And eventually, including present and future, I believe I will get used to a big city attitude. Atleast I see a lot of people when I step out. That's a big relief. But the laziness that comes with the idle mind has not left. So it is back to my old routine. Although I am from a big-ish city, it takes a while to get used to the bigness. Physically Amsterdam is not so big. The city center has everything in walking distance. I could walk from Rembrantplein to Leidseplein and from there to Vondelpark.

Now the drill repeats. Find a new apartment to live in. Receive household from storage. Set it up. Find a internet provider. Set it up. Find a gym (hopefully near home) , join and be regular. Or find a swimming pool (better) and try to be regular. That reminds me, I have 3 unused swimming pool tickets in Erlangen. I have to go back now, to finish the unfinished business.

I was at Vondelpark yesterday, when it was sunny. By the time I set up myself and began to sketch, the sun was out and it got windy. I could still manage some 5 minute sketches. Will put those up soon.

1 comment:

Haddock said...

So when are the sketches coming up?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...