Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Getting lost, Getting amused

When all seems strange, find the nearest Starbucks, watch around and sip hot coffee. That's what I told myself. We have moved for the second time this year. From the tropical Singapore to the Weatern hemisphere to brave the  North Eastern winter. A big move for us because we moved as a couple. The  first move was to begin life as a couple.

Back to my main story, I am out of a house/ home/ comfort zone for a month. Been living in temporary accommodations and most importantly out of a suitcase. What this means to me is " what will I do with all the other things when my shipment arrives?" thought. The side effect of living minimalistic lifestyle. But to talk of other effects of being minimalist and movin around, the new places I get to experience are tons. It satisfies my traveler spirit. An also tires me out. For all those who think of this as THE glam /cool life, no feeling equals the comfort of having a home to retire to at the end of the day. Imagine not having it? Can you ? There were times during this transition that I was confused which direction to head after office because we had shifted so often.

All these thoughts came to me because I was trying I find the bank and post office to run errands and google maps tricked me each time. Ever since I started using google maps on my phone, I stopped trusting my sense of direction. I get lost more than I would normally. In the midst of all the confused walks in Quincy, trying to figure out the apartment complex we are supposed to move into, after walking around in circles an triangles and what not, I did a 180 degree turn and there it was. Prime location, steps away from the train station and overlooking all utility shops. I am impressed and to fit in, again I went into the nearest Starbucks. The be all and end all. 

7 comments:

Reflections said...

Wow....Everytime I get here u r in a new place....cooool;-D!!!!

Jokes apart I do feel for u...I soo know wht u mean by the comfort of having a home to retire to at the end of the day.

Here's hoping u find the home of ur choice soon:-))

popsie said...

Wow! Another shift. Great. It's a phase that shall pass - and you will settle soon. Hang in there! :)

Quincy market and Boston by itself is quaint - truly New England!

Salkantay said...

I think , you might have enjoyed the beauty of Singapore.

Bhargavi said...

Good luck settling in..Checked your art blog- awesome !! btw, I think I am visiting your blog after almost 2 years..

FarzNinja said...

Hi, great blog! This post really struck me and I hope you do more! :) I can't wait for you to inform us on your journeys. Hope you have time to check out my blog: http://ninjapenguinlife.blogspot.com/

Thanks! :)

Ajay said...

enjoy your visit !
really world is full of impressive people and their impressive thoughts

Rahul Bhatia said...

That was a sweet post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...