Monday, October 4, 2010

Indiblogger meet in Namma Bengluru

Indiblogger had their 5th successful  blogger meet in Bangalore on October 3, 2010. My first participation in the meet, though I have been invited to the others and couldn't make invariably due to traveling or whatever reason I come up with. The location they picked for the met was very central and convenient. And most of all, the purpose, to network with bloggers, was very well satisfied by all participants. The agenda they put up :



Event started approximately on time (no one was in a hurry on the Sunday afternoon), introduction to partners was short and crisp and the longest item on agenda was 30 seconds of fame. It was a self introduction of each of the 280 participating bloggers. Much as I anticipated this to be boring, the first 20-30 bloggers went well and I listened with intent. Then my turn came. And the next 200 people just about dragged by with an occasional person interesting me to make a mental note. Some people's seconds of fame was definitely more than 30, maybe many thirties. And the organizer had to announce to everyone to make it 15 seconds of fame. Well, it hardly pulled down the spirit of the fame. Among the 280 people, no more than a third were novices. People know their game and it amused me to find hard core online marketing professionals in the meet. Though I had minimal time to network with each of these people on the spot, there are some who I have started to follow on twitter and made a note to keep in my social media loop.

HP, the sponsors had a slot to speak about their new printer launch and give away a bunch of printers for the best intros. Well, I called the judges handsome and got nothing for it. Live and let comment was a informal way to kick start networking. Everyone was handed a poster and pen and asked to get as many people to comment. Ofcourse, the maximum number of comments would get a laser jet printer. I like the motivation and drive of people to not just get printer but actually meet people and build contacts. Indiblogger is one of the very few successful blogging networks who is making an effort like this event to bring together a community of bloggers.

A round of snacks and coffee followed by a forum and photography contest. The winners again walked aay with new printers. Damn, did I mention I got the last set of portable HP speakers from the handsome Indiblogger team?

Some interesting people whose blogs I always followed and had the pleasure to meet
Mohan Kanupriya Rajesh Addy Mr.Ayyangar Vineet Lakshmi Rajan Brandbull Sudhir Tavish

21 comments:

Vinni said...

LOL! Thanks for coming! Glad that you liked the meet as much as we enjoyed putting it together!

Meeting you after 4 years was awesome! You haven't changed a bit!

Mohan said...

Who doesn't like gifts ;) congrats on getting the portable speakers! It was my pleasure too to have met you and many more bloggers out there! I have been following your blog too for a while now and good to have met you in person.

Hope you will be taking good care of the Aloe Vera plant!

s.H.a.S.h.I said...

hey sneha.. nice review of the meet.. though dint get to interact wid u.. but 'like' both of ur blogs.. keep writing.. :)

sawan said...

Congratulations for the speakers :) it was a pleasure to see you in life!

Rajesh said...

Very well written account of the event. Same here I was also eagerly looking forward to meet people whose blogs I had been following. It was nice to meet people behind the blogs.

Tavish{Sensible Bakwas} said...

Glad to meet u too Sneha! It was one hell of an experience... thanks for mentioning my name among some really awesome bloggers out there... it would be great to meet up with of u once again... keep blogging!

Cheers!
Tavish

Stumblednews said...

Your blog is excellent. To get more visitors to your site submit your post at Stumblednews.freevar.com.

Shrinath Vashishtha said...

Hmmm... I must say, you guys out there in the mainland of the country are really having some major fun and useful meet-ups with all these fabulous Indiblogger meets and stuff... Hope to partake in a couple of them soon... Bottom-line - Cheers to you all!!! :-)

S.R.Ayyangar said...

You got the prize for your spontaneous reaction, congrats.

Mag[m] said...

congos for the gift...and really great to meet all those bloggers...

Arpana said...

Thank for sharing the vibrant gathering.

magiceye said...

seems like fun for all!
now time to blast the speakers!!

Zirka said...

Cool you won something.. Too bad I didn't! Neat Blog!

Md. Muddassir Shah said...

It really doesnt feel like it has been a week since we met :)
Nice way of summing it up

Vijay said...

Nice to read this! It almost gave back the moments spent with all you folks at the Indibloggers meet.

Hope to meet you again soon.

Cheers
Vijay

Anonymous said...

There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working ,great job!

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.

Anonymous said...

I think about add this material in my RSS. Do u think its ok?

Anonymous said...

Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

Anonymous said...

Good article. Thank you.
http://orderdiazepam.atblogs.org/2011/01/12/buy-diazepam/

Anonymous said...

Have a DYNAMITE day my friend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...