Monday, September 27, 2010

Flea markets

I like the idea of flea markets. Mostly because my exposures have been in Goa. The bright coloured stalls after dusk with trance music playing in the background and often a live bad performing, is the image i have in mind. But what i also have is over priced junk in Indian flea markets. But when i visited a saturday morning flea market in Vienna, the whole perspective i had, changed. I picked up excellent books for dirt cheap prices, cheaper than I can buy a note book back home in India.

What I am writing here is the flea market that happened in Bangalore yesterday. Bright psychedelic stall lights lure visitors who were the real Bangalorean crowd, for once. Stalls had an exceptional range of handmade goods  showcasing talents of hundreds of ladies. Kingfisher, being the sponsor, had their beer stalls keeps guys busy enough till the fashion show. 

8 comments:

Appu said...

Yep.
Heard about Anjuna flea market And will visit soon as starting from October.

Fida said...

I too love flea markets. It's a favorite past-time in Europe on Saturday's. Funny, I just wrote about a great farmers market here in Penticton I attended on Saturday ;)
http://www.unusual-travel-destinations.com/penticton-british-columbia.html

Md. Muddassir Shah said...

hey,
where are these flea markets in bangalore?
can you give me some leads/ addresses?

mazingout said...

Awesome, I think you're talking about Sunday Soul Santhe. I had to miss it this time, hoping it happens again, soon.

Lipsy said...

Flea markets are a great way to spend the weekends.....i just love them specially the one's in mumbai and delhi.....

Lipsy
http://indianinabox.blogspot.com/

Shrinidhi Hande said...

what is a flea market?

Vijayashankar said...

Village markets in India and Farmers market in USA

mycreationz said...

Was wondering whats flea market is... googling a bit its the same old street makert :) :)

Regards,
J
http://mycreationz.wordpress.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...