Monday, May 3, 2010

Phileas Hogg was a world traveler..

.. thus the restaurant named after him, I am writing about. So this new wave of "food savoring, food hopping" hit me sometime back and here I am trying good food all over the place. Phileas Hogg in Marathalli Outer ring road in Bangalore is a great try. For a roof-top-open-air restaurant, the minimalistic interior go really well. The map of North America painted on a huge canvas covers a whole wall while a single huge table is placed in one end within a boat shaped partition, overlooking all other tables supposedly in the sea :-)

The food is around Rs.200 per meal, means a good portion, tasty and satisfying. Continental cuisine is less expensive than Indian Pav Bhaji on menu, though. If you include a drink, you might end up paying Rs.500 for the liquor is expensive.

This place never disappointed me. Might do the same to you, if you wish...

6 comments:

Anjuli said...

Oh my this place sounds so intriguing!!

Sneo said...

Sure.. a dinner on me when you are in Bangalore

Preethi said...

is this like a pure non-veg restaurant?

Sneo said...

no it is veg and non-veg

jasmit said...

can i know the detail address of this restaurant?

Anonymous said...

Good post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...