Sunday, September 13, 2009

Stupidity of discounts

Today I went with a friend to buy mobile phone. Almost every shop in Jayanagar 4 block advertises some crap sale and we went into "the mobile store" which had a sale counter outside, 2 speakers playing loud music like some nut fair and a guy announcing the discounts UPTO 70%. We went in and asked for some basic models. There was no discount on those. Then we asked for the models with 70% discount. There was NO STOCK of those. What the hell?!!! If there is no item having 70% sale, who in his sane mind can advertise a 70% in his banner? Finally we just found that the maximum discounted product in store was 40% discount. What fools would fall for such cheap tricks!Despite the gimmicks that store had really few visitors, mostly dropping out from the outside counter only :P
I am glad to see the smart consumer!

3 comments:

Anjuli said...

I detest this false advertising techniques. It really makes me furious when I go to buy something which is marked 50 % off and then they say, "Oh no more in stock"- and expect me to buy something else in their store- NO THANK YOU- I'll go where they actually have what they advertised!! :)

Warriorwithin said...

lol.....typical you

Manjunath RG said...

so finally did u buy a mobile and what was the discount u got..?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...