Saturday, July 25, 2009

Recent shows on TV

I started watching TV a few days back and this is what I found. In prime time when most people return from office and look for entertainment there are shows on famous channels catering to to a god-knows-what audience. I cant believe channels like Star Plus which were broadcasting shows like Small Wonder and Bold and the Beautiful, once upon a time, are now broadcasting mindless old fashioned village stories. Not one or two soaps but a whole lot of them. Are these channels only targeting housewives all over the country who would watch TV at all times?
And then there are reality shows like "sach ka samna", "splitsvilla" and the like. I couldn't bear the non-sense of the former or the bitchiness of the latter. How does it matter to me who cheated on their spouse or pretended to fall in love or got pregnant in college? What the hell is wrong with people to watch crap like this for entertainment? And then there is peer pressure, people in office always talk about these shows. Damn, I would rather watch Hangover and Iceage-3 a few times over than see these soaps.

Btw, talking about the shows that cater to housewives who watch TV all day, even I have mindless melodrama running continuously on full volume at my place to entertain my old grany. Wonder how people can be addicted to nonsense at 80. God bless my soul and keep my peace!

8 comments:

s w a t said...

How did you forget Rakhi's swayamwar?

vidya said...

Granny and house-wives watching mindless-endless Saas bahu crap...Not a surprise really! Coz gals of my age band @ PG watch all these crap from 1900hrs to 2300hrs every single day.I wonder in what way they depict Indian culture or family values. If I prefer to watch NDTV,Discovery,Travel & Living or Music shows etc etc & I will be odd man out...So I only step into TV hall to take food... Reality shows...???!!!Initial dayz it was still okay but now!No comments..

Smita said...

Hehehe I'll very shamelessly say am enjoying TV a lot these days. Be it Miley jab hum tum or bhaskar bharti or ladies special or raakhi ka marriage mela or jungle thing or truth ka saamna am enjoying it all :D in fact i n my colleagues even discuss them over lunch.

the stygian sailor said...

you actually have time to watch the senti-soaps? and then write about them

Chriz said...

haha.. i'd prefer talk shows anytime

Anjuli said...

I think the goal of TV is to zap our minds into a Zombie State. :) The less you have of t.v. the better- Even the news these days - ugh! It is like listening to reruns- 'over and over and over and over' again- I miss the days in Ghana when I did not even turn on the t.v. for weeks on end. Now I wonder why I bother!

Rick said...

Anjuli put it pretty well, if you add in the fact they want us in that zombie state so we'll whatever they're advertising!

rakesh said...

hehehe..
well try watching MTV here.. there is no music to begin with..
"my super sweet sixteen".. its sequel exiled..
hogan knows best..
50 cent has got a show.. all the celeb's have a show.. but i must admit.. tila tequila was good.. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...