Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Kannada Wedding

My first cousin is getting married tomorrow and this is going to be the first wedding in close circle of relatives. Now, I have been to many weddings and found the ceremony as such, boring. In South India, we have long ceremonies and for people who can enjoy music and dance, these weddings are a drag, except for senior citizens who can talk for days about other people. Despite being not such a great fan of weddings with customs and stuff, yours' truly decided to take part actively in the wedding and be the bride's maid.

I got a round of mehandi yesterday and a bunch of new sarees. Just as I thought I was overdoing it, I heard of some aunties who were sitting in the beauty parlor all day long and for many days. Offf!
A few cousins planned to put up some dance sequences. So with all the thoughts of dancing and running around for the next two days, I already feel so stressed out and exhausted and yet, I am not performing the marriage or getting married. Wonder how people keep their energy levels...

So my schedule for tomorrow is make up woman in the morning, safe room guard through the day, make up woman during ceremony intervals and show case doll in the evening. Well, the last one because my mom plans to bribe the photographer to take some photos of me which are showable to prospective grooms. Hope to have a great time...

4 comments:

Santosh said...

:-) shine like a star :-) And enjoy the limelight and practice the fake smile throughout the day. Jaldi kaam aayga !

Mampi said...

Have fun and bring back some pics...

Anjuli said...

I loved this entire post- but I was left smiling at the last line- I want to hear more about who those wonderful pictures are shown to...make sure when the time comes, you give us a step by step account of any prospective grooms :)

AjAy said...

So, how did it go??
Anything worth writing about???
Waiting to hear from you....

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...