Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

It was my birthday on 27 April. After a few years break, I finally cut a cake :-) 2 cakes :-) :-) One at midnight and one in office
Since it fell on Akshay Trithiya, my parents gifted gold chain for their soon-to-be-married only daugher.
I got a new pair of shoes (pre-planned from my wish list) and left it at my friend's place. And the most predictable person gave me little surprises. When I opened the shoe box to generally check the fit on the eve of my b'day, I found a little gift. Surprise!!!! It was a Elizabeth Arden lipstick. Its not a famous brand in India, but I guess it is elsewhere. Anyways, after the all lipstick excitement settled in, I again opened the same shoe box and this time inside the shoe I found a little gift, a Silver ring :-)
And another surprise at the stroke of midnight! My cake and chocolates :-) Cake at midnight is probably common but with me it was never. 
In office, my team mates got me a cake and gave me a few more cream facials :-)
But the fun part of it all was the dinner. Me along with colleagues, went to Cable Car, a new restaurant near my place. I guess we took pictures and left since I took the camera along. Next we hopped into Baron's Inn, The Thames! Again more pics, but no food. Finally, we settled into La Casa, the old time fav for the good ol' food and called it a day!

My gifts collection : Gold chain, Puma walking shoes, Sony Cybershot DSC- W270 Camera, Elizabeth Arden lipstick, Silver ring, Puma tracks for my dream trip

15 comments:

Bala Nagesh said...

Hey Sneha,

Wish U a Belated happy Birthday..

Just by chance, landed in ur blog.. Glad to see ur posts on places.. It was nice...

Always birthdays are the days that makes us more special among the crowd with we live daily... That too midnight cake cuttings are real fun... Great u enjoyed this year...

And u got ur gift basket fill with lots of goodies!!!

Cheers,
Bala.
http://balasrini.wordpress.com/

Karthik said...

it was defn akshaya trithiya for u!!!

Sindhu :) said...

Agree with Karthik's comment :D

And BIRTHDAY WISHES! Here's wishing you get to cut cakes at 12 every year from now :) Its a lot of fun!

Karthik said...

it was defn akshaya trithiya for u!!!

s w a t said...

Happy birthday, belated :)

the stygian sailor said...

belated happy birthday

Zainab Dhanji said...

wow! someone surely got lucky on the right day! Though I think birthdays are strange.. we all have a lot attached to this day, no matter how much we say that we dont care about birthday and anniversaries, but deep down we all do.. and no matter how much we deny but we do "expect"; conciously as a child and unconciously as adults. And at the end of the day, happy are those who get their share of happiness =) Happy Belated Birthday

Cheers!

Talking To My Soul said...

Many happy returns of the day, Sneha. May God bless you.

*cheers*

praddy said...

aha belated wishes :)

Kanupriya said...

Wow, so many gifts...belated happy bday :-). And I know you had a blast, the post pic conveys so :D

Just call me 'A' said...

Hey...a very very happy belated birthday sneha.....you look like you did have a lot of fun. wishing you lots and lots of best wishes

Santosh said...

You sure had a blast :o) Wish you a fun filled year ahead !!1

Nikhil said...

ya very yappy yappy belated birth dai..

Manasa said...

belated wishes dear ;)

soo... hw old r u nw?

Sneha Divakar said...

yah.. thanks guys :D
me no say age...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...