Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Budget shopping and budget travel

I have become a more budget person of late. I had almost become a brand ambassador for a few clothing brands in the last discount-sale season. And then one fine morning on my way to work, I stopped at an arbit shop in Koramangala, bought a shit-coloured (yeah, a very weird beige) top and wore it to work. That piece got so many compliments that it set off the trend. The next weekend I bought a few more seconds from random shops in our own middle class shopping area, Jayanagar.
End result : 1 shit-coloured top, 1 linen skirt, 1 pair cool cotton chaddi, extended interest in cost-cutting...

I was looking out for super budget places to travel next weekend and I came across Yuvashakti. It seems to be a Pune based org conducting camps and treks. I mean, even if I am from Bangalore and want to go to Manali, it doesnt matter much to go through a Pune org or a Bangalore org. I was really impressed by this one. I guess I was really looking for a local org like Yuvashakti. Hope to try one of their treks sometime.


I dont have much to write now but I assure you a big travel tale coming up :D

10 comments:

Sandeep said...

do you know about Yahi?

looking forward to your tales..

Sneha Divakar said...

sandeep: yhai has a crappy website and it is not always up to date. they dont have as many interesting treks as yuvashakti :)

Sandeep said...

but most (i gues all) of yuvashakti treks are from Pune.. doesn't make sense to go to pune for a trek in Nagarhole.. but ya may be to Manili (even in that case, ex-Delhi would be better).
You should also check Chennai trekkers and bmc..

the best option would be to go by ourselves :)

Smita said...

These small shops give u such good products at times that u start wondering as to why we eun behind brands...

Last week hi I was looking out for a good footwear and decided to go into a normal shop, I came out with 2 lovely pairs and in half the cost :)

Happy travelling!!!!

Nautankey said...

Cool..looks like a budget post too :D :D..waiting for a travelogue

Just call me 'A' said...

I wished I knew about Yuvashakti when I was still living in India. Would definitely have used it. All i knew was WOW (women on wanderlust) and they are pretty expensive.
off to check the Yuvashakti website and hopfully take advantage of it when I am in India. Let us know how the experience goes.
happy tripping

Mampi said...

oh wow,
i am looking forward to your travel tales with the Youth Power.
and there is nothing wrong with pinching your pennies.

Nikhil said...

shit-coloured top ? :) wow.. think thats by far the most un-romantic phrase Ive heard in a long time..

Sneha Divakar said...

shit coloured top is all over the collage.. and now it doesnt seem all shity though

Manasa said...

hehe.. arre, whatever u wear these days turns out to be fashin, u c! :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...