Thursday, March 19, 2009

Quarter-life crisis starts..

I am on the verge of quarter-life crisis, or so I think. I generally got bored of every existing thing in life and decided to put a few things together. So, for the first time, I got my hair ironed. When I went to office, a few good people complimented me on the model-like look. That, however, wasn't enough to satisfy me forever. And the next thing I did was go to Yash for a hair cut. He did a very satisfying job with my mop. Washed my hair, used lavish serum, cut my hair, blow dried it, asked my opinion, cut it again, sold me a good hydrating shampoo, almost sold me a straightening iron, etc.. all for a very good price. Places like Limelite have robbed me during the daytime delivering an unsatisfactory performance (I know that's a bit weird). So I was happy!

Then comes the icing. Ironed my hair again for cousin's engagement. Fishing for compliments, you may conclude obviously. But, this time it backfired. I was all happy with good people complimenting me and then a "uncle.J" had to comment on the mass I gained in the recent past. And then he found "aunt. super J" to support him in his accusation of my recent weight gain. I looked on open-mouthed for an hour before I could use the "i-touch winning walk" as my defense. But nevertheless, bad people manage to trigger quarter-life crisis even as my attempts almost suppress it out. A**holes!

13 comments:

Nautankey said...

Argh..even if my parents tell me I have put on weight I take them to the cleaners :D... Ignore them and be happy with Yash's work :)

the stygian sailor said...

you aren't painting these days?

Smita said...

hehe chill lady :-)

Shayari said...

Came here from Smi's blog.What's a party if without these uncles n aunts. Well,simply Ignore maadi, gal

lovelysunrise said...

haha....well gimme tips lady of how to leave hair loose and still not get tangles :D

very lively blog :) Glad you liked mine, feel free to link back, that was nice of you to ask :)

added you on reader, wud be back soon :)

Mampi said...

weird, wicked people.
whenever they upset you, just shout, "shoo, shoo wicked ones."

Just call me 'A' said...

there will always be some rotten apples in a basket and what do we do with them? throw them out. So just ignore the uncles and aunts who behave like bad apples and bask in the glory of your new look

Kanupriya said...

Ah ignore them! You really don't care for their stupid comments on your weight, ignore them & enjoy ur new hair cut :-)

Warriorwithin said...

evella thale hachkoldhe aaramagi eru

Sougata said...

Quarter-life crises seems to be fun :D.

Chriz said...

haha.. and the compliments sometimes move us.. dont they?

Manasa said...

pic plz :)

hw much did u spend altogether?

Sneha Divakar said...

300 rupees for the haircut and 300 rupees for the ironing :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...