Monday, March 2, 2009

Good, Bad and almost Ugly

There are some general stuff I wanted to write about. Good and bad. So lets start with the pleasanter of the things. I know I am a short lady, and nowadays a bit plump too. But I walked the ramp for my Company's function when the CEO and a few other visitors came to India. And guess what? I won the best model award which happened to be an ipod. I was so glad to see 16Gb through the cover that I didnt veen open it till the morning after this fashion show-10 year celebrations-dinner, drinks and dance-party. And then I opened it and realized it is "ipod touch". I probably lived the luckiest part of my life already, now!!!

Just as life is bright and sunny, I read a mail from the HR mentioning the attacks on women on streets of Bangalore and who to reach out in case of difficulty in commuting. Nice that my company HR showed some concern. But the lack of concern from the police and government is so alarming. SO the situation is: women walking or driving alone on any road at any time of the day or night can be chased by a bunch of hooligans who will shout abuses at you, throw pink paint on you, punch you, pull out your clothes and physically abuse you. Not only are women is western wear being targeted, but also salwar-kameez clad ladies. The initiative might have been by Mutalik gang but the physical abuse part is definitely by sexually frustrated losers who want to unleash the inner loserness. I have been independent, physically and mentally for most part of my adult life. BUT now if I have to walk up to the neighborhood milk shop, I have to think twice. The rational part of me relates a situation like this to terrorism. It is no different when you have to live in constant fear. What kind of a life do live when you are in constant fear of being sexually abused despite living in a democracy? Can a small bottle of pepper spray boost the morale enough to face a bunch of hooligans? Who, in authority, answers these helpless questions anyway?

10 comments:

Sandeep said...

congrats on you winning the touch :))

s w a t said...

... and the loser of a Home Minister says "don't bring such silly things to my notice!" :x

Prasad said...

wow on the ipod touch! the mothin games in tht are awesome! :D do download the beer game :D

how abt some martial arts to deal wit the idiots!!! aaaahhh breakin bones :D

Warriorwithin said...

keep some pepper spray with you......

Manasa said...

am sure you wouldn't 've slept the whole night seeing iTouch :)

City life becoming worse day-by-day... Some day, these idiots should be beaten up by us...!

a programmer said...

"The initiative might have been by Mutalik gang but the physical abuse part is definitely by sexually frustrated losers"

mutalik is the biggest wanker of them all, probably never got laid in his life

S said...

Hi, Hope you are doing well. Check out http://www.createonlinebuzz.com/. If you are interested in making money through your blog by occasionally writing reviews of products and services please log onto http://www.createonlinebuzz.com/ and register as a blogger.This is a great blog for advertisers and bloggers.

lovelysunrise said...

hey congrats on the ipod touch and model too!! Wow thats so nice!

Mampi said...

Wow,
the gadget and the queen !!!
Hope life brings in more faith in our surroundings.

Santosh said...

WOW ! That really is a win !!

did that give you enough spark to jump from painting to Modelling ??? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...