Monday, February 16, 2009

The GM Diet Story

GM diet was a rage sometime in 2004-06. And now, about 4 years later, I decided to take it up and feel 10-17 lbs lighter. The diet is a good cleanser, but for weight loss, hmmm...
Well, by the end of the first day, I actually noticed that I had lost ~2 kgs by eating water melons. i was so impressed and thought that would be a trend to lose 2 kgs everyday. Damn! what a fool I was.
The second day, I cheated and had a milky coffee with loads of sugar. If that wasn't enough, I had salads with lavish dressings too.
As the diet progressed (which means it keeps on adding more to the diet intake), my cheating also increased. But then, all the time I was guilt-conscious.

Result: By the end of the 7th day, I felt miserably cheated. The diet had totally cheated me. I had deprived myself of good food, cheated on the diet and ended up losing hardly any mass.

I just went around telling people that I lost 3 kgs and felt a lot cleaner and lighter. Damn!

8 comments:

Prasad said...

ROFLlllllllllll!!!!! was thinkin abt this but never actually tried it!!! too much pressure on the mind to eat u see!!!

and more importantly i dont understand how can one jus eat veggies the whole day!!!! aaggghhhhhhhhh!

Nautankey said...

Holy cow!! A month back i tried this one.3rd day almost fainted, though I ate loads of fruits.

GM diet is good for those who dont do much work and spend time indoors. Probably try during a vacation time kinds.

Am following a better diet pattern now and am losing 1-1.2 kgs per week,which I am satisfied with :)

Sneha Divakar said...

nautankey: you are too lucky tobe losing 1 kg per week. i regain every milligram i lose, back with vengeance (read more mass)

Bedazzled said...

i must try this..though i know i would most definately cheat ..i tried eating veggies and fruits an entire day and was perpetually depressed .. but i think i mite try GM once ..

Vinod .. WOW!! serious ? i am officially hooked on GM now ..i am still marvelling at the math of this thing .. 1 kg a week .. whoopie !!

praddy said...

I want to follow some diet, where i can put more weight :D

Nikhil said...

hmm... never heard of this diet before . But 2 kgs the first day... sounds too good to be true !

Smita said...

ha ha ha..

I had tried trying this once. 3rd day was Salad day I guess when I had opened my dubba with salad and all..i was so disgusted I ordered one big aloo paratha and phutt!!! it was gone...never tried it again :D

Mampi said...

Ahh,
my tragedy,
why dont i find any such diet,
cheater or no cheater...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...