Saturday, January 3, 2009

ABCD in Deshiland

ABCD to me: Sneha you wear mom jeans. Flared jeans are like a fashion crime in my country.

ABCD imitating her NRI mom: if I spend my rupees wisely, I will be able to buy 2 chandrahars, 4 burfis, 16 ladoos and 32 halbais. but wait the auto to MTR will cost 50 rupees. instead we will go to Maiya's and eat there.

ABCD's version of Jingle Bells
jingle belles, jingle belles, jingle all the way
oh! what fun it is to go to Deshiland today, hey!
eating ladoos, eating burfi, how much do you weigh?
better go to MTR before they close today, hey!
jingle belles, jingle belles...

14 comments:

Karthik aka kaku said...

they r much worse ... actually

the stygian sailor said...

he he
nice verse

Sindhu :) said...

"if I spend my rupees wisely, I will be able to buy 2 chandrahars, 4 burfis, 16 ladoos and 32 halbais. but wait the auto to MTR will cost 50 rupees."

You can take an Indian out of India, but you can never take India out of an Indian ;)

praddy said...

heehehe very true..and they are worse!

Sindhu - You can take an Indian out of India, but you can never take India out of an Indian ;) - that was a good one :)

Nautankey said...

LOL...They are funnier at times

Prasad said...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! good one!!!

Chriz said...

the poetess... dhankoooo for visiting my page

Mampi said...

WHAT IS MTR??

Manasa said...

heheheh... Who's this ABCD?? :)

Vinni said...

hilarious! especially the song!

Sneha Divakar said...

@Mampi: MTR is a very typical Old Bangalore style restaurant in Bangalore. It is a must eat place when you visit Bangalore :)

Santosh said...

:o) Very true and each one of this species is so distinct !!

Wish you a very happy and joyous new year Sneha.

Cheers
Santosh

Cosmic Treehouse said...

I too prefer flare jeans -- I just love them!! Nice blog -- by the way, this is my first visit here, ended up here accidentally. Lucky me :-)

Divya said...

Sindhu is true.... only we indians out here steal back free sugar sachets and creamers from coffee shops so tat we can have a tastier coffee back home.... :P

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...