Friday, August 1, 2008

Arbit thoughts..

Life is like a pre-paid card where you don't know the balance.
I just said this to a colleague while referring to the prepaid food card we get from office. But then I realized, the deeper meaning. So is the bottom line to live life like today is the last day you live? I doubt it. If today was the last day I was going to be alive, then I would want to do a lot of unparliamentary things. But for sure I know its not the last. So why risk?

I just happened to read in some blog that when the pressure is too high to perform, a man doesn't even get an erection. Similarly, (I am not bringing a female analogy) what happens to super performers who cant handle pressure. Do you classify them under-performer just because they can't perform under pressure?

I am adding more thoughts... wait and watch

7 comments:

Vaibhav said...

Interesting... I now wait for your next post on this.
Cheers

Sandeep said...

'live life like today is the last day' is not in the sense of what you want to do, but in the sense to enjoy to the fullest whatever you to do or doing.

When would a man be under pressure to perform!?! Would always be under pleasure i thought! :D

Sandeep Zechariah George K said...

long time back my sister tells me that pressure is what is keeping me as me..

Infact that is true, every person is doing something or the other for some particular reason or pressure or some sort of tension, either political, social, or economic (could be more).

So indeed, the level of pressure that can be applied before the person crumbles varies from individual to another. But its true that everyone is under some pressure.

Else you would be the most carefree person in the world, doing nothing.I mean nothing at all, something like lie down in a park and see day and night go by.

So i dont agree with the fact with under performers due to pressure part. They may be under performing due to various reasons, as mentioned above, or even due to some other factor like, they dont have enough amount of pressure to do that tangential quantum of work where performance is evaluated....

or it could be they have too much pressure...

People are like quartz, it works (oscillates) at the right frequency (as in time), under the right pressure. If pressure is more or less, the equilibrium is lost and done..

you've made a psycho out of the person.!

Sandeep Zechariah George K said...

and i've kept this tagline for about 2 years on my gmail signature...

Diamonds are just another piece of coal that did well under pressure

Arjun said...

Unparliamentary? He he...

Why is everybody becoming deep and philosophical these days? What happened to light and fluffy?

Sandeep said...

Too many Sandeeps here.

Aditya said...

You know a senior manager said this thing to me only yesterday. He said that performers (super-performers as you say) are only born under pressure. He said performing in tailor made conditions is okay (maybe even expected) and performance in favorable conditions should not be made accounted for -- at least not to a large extent.

You analogy, with all due respect, is a little too far fetched. I am glad you did not bring up the female aspect though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...