Sunday, July 27, 2008

Bomb Blasts

We were sitting in a Kerala-style restaurant, who had already delayed our order by an exceptionally long time. A few colleagues pointed out the sudden surge of traffic on the road. And the next thing we knew was a call from a colleague's hometown, mentioning the bomb blasts in Bangalore and asking if he was fine. We hurried back to office, only to see on TV that there had already been 5 blasts in Bangalore. As I was noting the locations of atleast 3 blasts were in 1-4 km radius of my office, I got to know of 2 more blasts. These seemed to be of low intensity but the vicinity was considerable.

Other colleagues started getting in touch with families, and I was wondering if my folks had even known this news and musing over the strange indifference of not calling up their only daughter. Nevermind, i called up mommy to let her know I was alive and her reply was - 'declaring a holiday to her college to rush back before a jam starts'. I couldn't even laugh at the indifference or be scared at the intensity of the blasts. The blasts killed 3 people and injured several others, but for some strange reason failed to scare me (even to the extent I thought I would be scared).

With the gloomy weather forecasting rains to catalyze the situation, Bangalore city had come to a stand-still hardly 2 hours after the incident. Even as the new channels declared it a BLACK FRIDAY for Bangalore, before I could crib about my spoilt weekend plans, I got some office work to complete over the weekend.

9 comments:

Sandeep Zechariah George K said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sandeep Zechariah George K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandeep Zechariah George K said...

I was at office, and there was this treasure hunt going on.At about 2:30 Clue no: 3 arrived and was just about to get bz cracking it and boom, every ones hooked onto news on the net.. Streaming IBN live , NDTV etc etc Very sketchy info, pretty weird too..

Oh thats the point when Achala decided to photograph everyone !

Sneha said...

achala photograph everyone? in adobe? thats how you stumbled upon my blog?

Teena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sandeep Zechariah George K said...

http://riddingthewritersblock.blogspot.com/ ->The Chocolate comfort-> Comments -> Your Comment -> Your Blogs -> New Comments

sacho said...

one lady got killed.

swat said...

it is indeed sad. blasts aren't a way to get something done, incase there is any. i was chatting away at my friends'. nice blog there :)

Cheers
swattalk.wordpress.com

aditya said...

hi, i am aditya (truman) i need to talk ro u asap. callme at 990247242 when you read this

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...