Sunday, June 8, 2008

Pepper spray in office

A few days back, my office gifted me a pepper spray as a part of my joining kit (a few months after my joining though) and I just wanted to try it out. I dont know for what reason, but maybe I wanted to test the smell, I guess. And I sprayed it in office. First, I sprayed it in the room my team sits. Luckily, it was a minor spray, actually a drop of the liquid came out. But then, people who saw my eagerness to try it, suggested I go out of the room and try, if I wanted to. Well, I stepped out of the room and sprayed it in the open cafeteria area. When I came back into the room after a few minutes, the whole team was coughing, sneezing and complaining of throat burns. Some people, (read I) dont realize that gas molecules spread. Even before I realized it, I was coughing and my nose and cheeks had turned red.( I dont remember when I touched my face with the liquid). My team even left early for the day, unable to bear the torture.

This post is a genuine apology for my stupid act, especially if you happen to be a victim of the incident.

4 comments:

Sandeep said...

which company gifts pepper spray!?
you into CIA? :P

Santoz said...

You gotta be kiddin :-) lol... but kinda can expect this from you :-)

moonstruckmoth said...

All girls shd be given pepper sprays...n all shd be encouraged to spray a drop or two in the cafeteria...atleast once a week, just for practice...to see if it works properly...even if it means that ppl have to leave early for the day...

Sneha, we need more intrepid girls like u...

Sneha said...

@moonstruckmoth : thanks, u echoed my thoughts

@sandeep : not CIA, any company who wants women to fight back (defend, not offend,, like i did)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...