Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ask... Just Ask!

I have heard people talking about this article called 'Power of Asking'. Though I couldn't find that book, here's something similar.

All this while, I was getting really low internet bills, which meant I wasn't downloading "enough". Yes, "enough" is the word I tried to race, to avail a good reimbursement. And then "enough" just leaped to "more than enough". My internet bill shot from Rs.348 to Rs.5779. That's all! And the hell broke out...

I procrastinated for weeks whether to clarify with the service provider or not, knowing that it was my mistake all the while. I had bought a low tariff plan and then decided to download a little 'bulk' to hit that magical 'enough' mark, without keeping a tab on the upload bandwidth., and I smoothly landed close to six thousand bucks (which by the way is not under my reimbursement slab).
Yesterday, I just decided to try my luck at the Service Provider by ASKing. I showed a history of the previous 4 months bills which were at minimum usage and pledged my case, and asked the Area Manager to lower the bill because it would be an incentive to remain loyal to the service. And boom! he agreed. He moved my plan to a different tariff for that particular month and 6 thousand bucks dropped down to 2 thousand bucks. Wow!

Thanks to boss and colleagues who coaxed my power of asking :)

7 comments:

Vaibhav said...

This is great. So does this translate to a good treat from your end for us ? ;)

Cheers
Vaibhav
Helping laymen become tech enthusiast at http://www.technofriends.in

Sandeep said...

hey that's awesome!

so the question is, was all the pirated stuff you downloaded was worth 2k? :P

Cine Perk said...

You've a nicely done site with lots of effort and good updates. I would like to welcome you to submit your stories to www.surfurls.com and get that extra one way traffic to your site.

Sneha said...

@vaibhav: let me get the 2k confirmed from bsnl first :)

@sandeep: atleast pirated stuff wasn't worth 6k. maybe it can be worth <6k.... ha ha

Vinni said...

downloading on the internet, is a greater addiction than even chatting! beware! and u know the old saying, u ask for more u get more!

Sandeep said...

haha.. there you go! bargain :P

darkiron said...

Hey, this could be a lifesaver for me.. I got a 5.8k as well. Thank God I didnt pay the bill, am gonna try asking too. If it works out, maybe I'll have cash to buy clothes for Diwali after all :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...