Wednesday, September 19, 2007

aaahhh.....(2)

It started raining in Banagalore last week. The last few days traffic has been so bad, that I spend about 3.5 to 4 hours in a cab each day.
why does the traffic always worsen when it rains? Look at this.
Someone told me, the 2 wheelers dont ride over water, so all the vehicles create a bottleneck over the drier parts of the road. Even in the mornings, when it is not-so-bright but little sunny, the traffic woes continues. But what is surprising me more is, how did the manifold increase in traffic happen suddenly? How, dammit?
Earlier if someone asked me "how's life?", I would express the monotony by "home-office-home". But now I answer the the same question by "home-cab-office-cab-home".
How do I get away from the tedious travel? Should I quit my job or worrying about the travel?

7 comments:

Vinni said...

i remember bangalore rain...once when i was in 2nd year of college; i had biked down from majestic to RV when it was raining like nuts. drove all the way to college at some 15 km/hr. will never forget it!

bharts said...

ask office to provide u with wifi in the cab and a laptop then u r working rite 4m the time u start ur day :) or shift closer 2 office easier solution ;)

Santoz said...

OMG ! dont even get me started on the bangl traffic... last 2 days, collectively i hv spent 11 hours in the cab :-)

Earlier when i used to start from office in the evenings, I used to call up my wife and ask, Whats for Dinner? .. Now Its time i ask... So, Whats for Breakfast :-)

Rohan said...

Like the mime air hostess on flights, we should have these traffic cops hand out life vests during monsoons...You know, "pull this chord".."blow into this tube", and ofcourse the "emergency exits"!! Heheehhe....

Sandeep said...

carry a bottle of Absolut Vodka...

vikrem said...

ur state politicians r busy for power sharing, not for road laying
so wait till all tht solves!

Sandeep said...

You'd wanna check out
this
it rained! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...