Thursday, April 5, 2007

For BHUVAN



Death is not a pleasant thing to write about. But when you think about it, the unpleasant feeling, changes to shivers down your spine. The old saying, “death lays his cold hands even on the kings”, came flashing into my mind when I heard the news of a classmate’s death. Bhuvan studied with me from the age of 3, when we joined preschool together. Then we passed out of 10th grade from the same class. And after 6 six years I met him again at office as a coworker. I never did miss this guy in all the time we separated in search of our careers.
On the 1st of April 2007, when I heard the news of his death, I did not believe it. It could have just been a “fool’s day prank”. How I wish it was just a prank! He died while rappelling down a waterfall cliff.
There were mixed reactions on hearing the news of his death ;some friends frantically crying for a couple of days, some talking continuously about the rappelling incident, some people made communities in memory of him and some others tried not to talk the painful topic. But I just decided to dedicate this post to him.

2 comments:

ajay said...

I thank all those who spared a thought for him and on whose lives, my life Bhu (Bhuvan) left an imprint. We met in college, at first I hated him n he hated me to the core. Then the friendship blossomed like anything. From 2nd year to the final day March 29th, we were always together. we would watch the movies together, plan for studies n study together. The rival teams or the hosts in other colleges were envious over our partnership in watever we did. we had handed the manipal guys the trophy when they came to our college, at that time we were in 3 sem. then we decided, we'll give them wat they did to us, we went there, won the first prize in paper presentation, the highest prize 5000Rs, cash, we brought it back. Then whenever we needed cash, we used to send our presentations to university n earn money. Some thought that Manipal event was fluke, so we wanted to prove them wrong, went to anna university, Chennai, won first prize in Technical paper presentations, technical debate, technical adzap... the list goes on, all were amazed at our coordination. We were always together n shared a lot of dreams. It's my duty now to fulfill our dreams alone now.

ಸುಹಾಸ said...

Dina araluva hoovu aa dina Aralade Baaditeke :(
-------------------------------
Maatu gelluvavanu maatu kaledukondaga...

Hrudaya gelluvavanu Hrudaya kaledukondaga...

Jeeve ulisuvavanu Jeeva Kaledukondaga...



Geleya,
Nisarga ninna baadisirabahudu, ella geleyara hrudayadalli sada araliruve...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...