Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Flying high...

“I love traveling” or so I think because of a recently developed affinity towards traveling. I kept thinking my parents wasted 22 years of my life. They never took me on trips far away from home. Every time I asked for it, they just told me to go by myself when I started earning. So, finally the time has come….
I wanted to fly so desperately and here I go. My first flight!! From Bangalore to Hyderabad. A 1 hour flight.
The more amusing thing about this day was the ride to the airport than the flight or the rest o the day spent roaming Hyderabad. A certain Mr. A was supposed to pick me up at 5.45 am. When I called him the previous night, he did not pick up the phone. Such was his deep sleep! Assuming rightly that he would not wake up as early as 5.30 am, I asked a certain colleague, Mr. B, who was doing a night out at office, for no particular reason. Still he was the “friend in need”. Mr. B said, coming early in the morning to pick me up was a little difficult. But he could pick me up at 12.30 am and drop me at office where I could sleep till the early hours. I thought the idea of my “friend in need” was the best idea!! So we reached office at 1.10 am, without waking my neighbors to give a filmy elope feeling. I tried to sleep in the office dormitory till 6 am with a decent percentage of success.
I gave Mr. B a call at 6 am to remind of my drop to the airport. He said he will wake up. I gave Mr. B another call at 6.05 am. He said he almost woke up. I gave Mr. B another call at 6.10 am. He arrived at the ground floor to get the bike. Wow, I said.
The take off is the best part of the flight, when the pilot accelerates up the runway. It is like zooming out on Google Earth. Before I could finish my breakfast, the flight reached 36,000 ft high. I don’t know what I missed about this altitude, but when I looked out I only saw clouds. As I got on to the runway in Hyderabad, I saw the Junior Kannada Matinee idols, Senior Matinee Idol, Raj Kumar’s sons. They look the most average men I have ever seen. Still they are special people all over the state.

6 comments:

vikrem said...

well written blog sneha! ofc ur journey to the airport was very good! be thankful to ur Mr A friend...if he had attended ur call...the journey to airport would have been yet another one! not special like this.

swaroop said...

"The take off is the best part of the flight, when the pilot accelerates up the runway. It is like zooming out on Google Earth"... Sakkath observation-u.

Didn't that "GUIIEE" sound irritate you all the while? Were the hostesses hot? Was there really a pilot? Did the plane actually take off or was there a huge screen next to your seating area which showed images of clouds and the like which made you feel you were flying? Now, these are the questions that the readers want answered.

swaroop said...

Neevu aagle Goa nalle shuru maadidrala "I'm flaaaaaaayeeeeing" anta.

Sneha Divakar said...

swaroop, there was one cute steward who was serving me... since i was not "drunk" i knew i flew because i landed, henge?

Harish said...

Yella sari, comment moderation yaake?

Arjun Sharma said...

Mr. A, Mr. B...'Reservoir dogs' thara aaytu, ee kathe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...